About the Puppets
For Family Nights/Shows for all Ages, Jane performs a combination of older and younger songs that entertain everyone!
FOR YOUNGER KIDS:
• Hello and Goodbye Song: Penny the Dog Puppet (featured in Jane's NY Company Penny and the Puppettes) joins Jane to welcome the children with a super interactive song that includes tons of movement and clapping
• Acceptance of Others Who Are Different: Angelique is at first too shy to come out because of her purple nose. Rather than laughing at her, the children embrace her uniqueness
• Dealing with Emotions: Lou the Friendly Monster teaches a simple song about feelings- “That’s OK to Feel Those Ways"
• Colors: Squiggy the Pop-Out-Of-The-Box Puppet inspires the kids to name the colors during the parade of puppets
• Counting Skills: Clyde the Clock Puppet needs the kids’ help to unscramble his numbers
• Face: The kids help us put Ms. Face Puppets’ face parts where they belong through a rhyming song
• It's OK to Make Mistakes: The children learn a simple song with hand movements while Daisy the Flower Puppet grows back all of her dazzling petals
• And more!
FOR OLDER KIDS:
• Listening skills: Wiseguy Ricky the Pirate Puppet jumbles his nursery rhymes (corrected by the kids)
• Healthy Eating: Exhausted Fudge Gorging Chi Chi discovers the natural energy of fruit and veggies thanks to eager reminders of the audience
• Loving our Earth/Manners: Cranky Trash-Covered Tony the Tree transforms into charming fruit tree through the magic word “please"
• Fun Science Facts: Around the World Segment starting from the Everglades all the way to the North Pole- includes 19 colorful and exciting puppets (alligator, shark, polar bear...)
JUST FOR FUN:
• Little Miss Obnoxia Toxia the loud puppet
• Snobby Ms. Tallula Dallula the B-List Movie Star
• Stevie the Pretending-To-Be-Sick Puppet until he hears there's birthday cake
• Trouble-Maker Frankie doing only opposites and playing pranks on Jane!